Free Cyclocross clinics and training sessions will start on Tuesday at 6:00pm, starting on September 9th and every Tuesday. after that until Tuesday, November 4th. Make sure to like our Facebook page as this is where we usually post all details of our weekly training.
Details on program that would be important: Any BMX, Mountain, Cross bike with helmet. Fun On Bikes. Results will be improved balance, agility, and fitness.
When: Tuesday at 6:00pm, starting on September 9th and every Tuesday for eight weeks in length ending on Tuesday, November 4th. Our program culminates with celebration race in Georgetown, http://georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com/.
Where: Pebble Creek Elementary, 200 Parkview Drive, College Station, TX 77845.
Register: Register at http://cxproject2015.org/register/
- Welcome and overview
- Warm up,
- Drills and technique based on each week’s curriculum,
- Cool down.
Cyclocross Project 2015 Guidelines/Requirements:
- Open to kids starting at 6-16 years of age.
- Each participant who will be racing during the 2014-2015 Cyclocross Season must purchase a USA Cycling License. Please visit the USA Cycling for more details at www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=579
- Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver and be present during the clinic or training session. Waivers will be available during the training sessions.
- Helmets are required! No helmet, No riding!
- BMX or MTB are allowed.
- Clipless pedaling can be advanced for kids. Tennis shoes work great, we will teach kids to tuck in those laces!
- Participants should wear comfortable athletic clothing; tee shirts or sweat shirts. Cycling jerseys and shorts aren’t essential, however, they keep young riders more comfortable and wanting to come back to the sport week after week.
Who should come: Everyone!
If you know of anyone interested in our Kids Cyclocross Program email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.