The City of Bryan is seeking to obtain funding for proposed infrastructure improvements along South College Avenue. Phase 1 includes a separate bicycle and pedestrian route along South College as well as a bike route along Villa Maria. See the map below.
The petition is intended to be used as a template to fill in your using your own voice. Some considerations to ponder that may speak to you:
- Traffic speed limit along South College is 50mph
- This section of South College is chipsealed, which sucks for bikes.
- This is a major approach to campus
- It’s very dark at night
- About 3 huge student housing complexes have been erected in this vicinity in the last year
- There is a park owned by the University along this stretch