The City of Bryan is seeking to obtain funding for proposed infrastructure improvements along South College Avenue. Phase 1 includes a separate bicycle and pedestrian route along South College as well as a bike route along Villa Maria. See the map below.
The petition is intended to be used as a template to fill in your using your own voice. Some considerations to ponder that may speak to you:
- Traffic speed limit along South College is 50mph
- This section of South College is chipsealed, which sucks for bikes.
- This is a major approach to campus
- It’s very dark at night
- About 3 huge student housing complexes have been erected in this vicinity in the last year
- There is a park owned by the University along this stretch
If you think this sounds good, fill out the petition and it will be sent to Paul Kaspar and included in the City’s application for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) funding.
Paul says he’s submitting the grant at the end of today (May 1, 2015) so please fill it out today if you have time.